Friday, November 25, 2022

Post 5: Changes to my Study Programme


I think that the programme of my career (Chemistry and Pharmacy) is demanding because you have a lot of different subjects to study and create connections among these topics would result hard if you did not the effort to put in order the information to facilitate the work of your brain. Especially in the first years when you receive very general information and probably you don´t have any idea of when you can use it.

About the workload and length of my career I think it is ok: We can view all the important subjects that a chemist needs to be a good professional and I consider 6 years is a good period to achieve it. I know that in the previous generations (for example 2000´s generation) the workload was harder, but the times were changed and now we have new problems to fight.

The faculty provides us with some grateful spaces to take a break, talk with classmates, and study. Sometimes these areas need renovation or an improvement and to be honest I think the faculty is slow to solve problems. However we can use computers, we have an internet connection, a library and functional materials to learn in the labs and I think it can be better but is ok. In the environment always you can see issues, the world is crazy so I believe that the more important thing is your attitude and motivation to learn.

Following these ideas, the teaching methods can have an improvement in many cases, but I saw the effort of the teachers to provide good material and a good class. Some days when I felt tired and I saw some teachers with a lot of energy I think: "How they can do it? They are awesome!"

The principal change that could be made to this study programme is in the organization about the dates of the important tests, because usually these evaluations are in the worst day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post 5: Changes to my Study Programme

I think that the programme of my career (Chemistry and Pharmacy) is demanding because you have a lot of different subjects to study and crea...